Friday, September 27, 2019

Epilogue. Goodbye and Thank You For Reading My Blog

My dad said this should be called an 'epi-blog.' it certainly has been a bit of an epic blog. A lot has happened. Understatement. I've put together a video of the last 9 months showing my progress that I've just titled it 'How To Walk'.* I've got physiotherapy sessions booked in for the term, and have had 2 already. Just because I'll be studying now doesn't mean I'll loose my focus!

Obviously, a big thank you goes out to everyone who thought about me, prayed for me, visited me, sent me messages, as well as those who actually supported me and physioed me! All I can give is my adoration and any entertainment factor I might have. I was never expecting to make so many good friends.

I think back to when my family went to Wales in the summer, and walked along by the sea. It strikes me that I feel like I have been plunged into deep waters with weighted feet, and am slowly paddling my way back up. Lying in intensive care on breathing through a ventilator looking at the lights did feel a bit like being underwater. I'm reminded of one of the first songs I ever wrote, called 'Walk on Water.' I believe in light more than ever.


*EDIT FROM FUTURE LIZ: I've made this video private now because it's over a year old now and I don't really like it anymore. It feels quite ableist and like that whole genre of inspiring disabled person person video I want to avoid.

2 comments:

  1. We are proud of you Elizabeth and Joanna. Our journey this year has been a blessing. We are so thankful to our amazing friends, professionals and all those who have supported us every step of the way.

    This final picture for us, sums up the love of our daughters, and walking into the future with hope.
    Love Mum and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete